Philips is a diversified technology company active in the markets of healthcare, lighting and consumer well-being. Our headquarters are in Amsterdam (Netherlands).
Philips was founded in Eindhoven (Netherlands) in 1891 by Frederik and Gerard Philips – later joined by Gerard’s brother Anton – to “manufacture incandescent lamps and other electrical products”. For the 120-plus years since then, we have been enhancing people’s lives with a steady flow of ground-breaking innovations. And we are determined to build upon this rich heritage as we aspire to touch billions of lives each year with our innovative lighting and healthcare solutions and our consumer well-being products.
To improve people’s lives through meaningful innovation
Innovation is core to everything we do. But innovation does not only mean ‘new technology’. It can also mean a new application, a new business model or a unique customer proposition brought about by an innovative partnership. By tracking global trends and understanding the challenges facing people in their daily lives, we ensure that people’s needs and aspirations remain at the heart of our innovation endeavors.
At Philips, we strive to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Our goal is to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2025. We will be the best place to work for people who share our passion. Together we will deliver superior value for our customers and shareholders.
As a diversified technology company we manage a dynamic portfolio of businesses which we build to global leadership performance.
We create value through our capabilities to develop deep understanding of our customers’ needs and apply advanced technologies to create innovative solutions. With our people, global presence and trusted brand we reach customers worldwide.
The Philips Business System enables us to deliver superior results by being a learning organization with a growth and performance culture, in which we combine entrepreneurship and agility with disciplined, lean end-to-end execution, leveraging global scale and local relevance.
- Eager to win
- Take ownership
- Team up to excel
are designed to foster a new performance culture and help all of us accelerate to deliver sustainable profitable growth – always in compliance with Philips General Business Principles.
Philips and its businesses received a tremendous number and variety of awards and other forms of recognition in 2012. The following are just a few examples from a very successful year:
- Equal highest-ever placing (41st) on the annual Interbrand ranking of the world’s most valuable brands
- Philips named ‘Supersector leader’ in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the second consecutive year
- Philips won a record-breaking number of 124 design awards in 2012
- MD Buyline: Customers rated Philips Computed Tomography the #1 vendor in the health care industry for Q2, Q3 and Q4 2012; Philips Ultrasound #1 and Philips PROS #1 in Q3 and Q4 2012; Philips Radiography & Fluoroscopy #1 in Q1 and Q2 2012
- KLAS: November 2012 RSNA Report on Philips Magnetic Resonance Imaging – Ingenia 1.5 T ranked #1
- KLAS: Philips Ultrasound #1 ‘Best in KLAS’ award in general imaging and ultrasound cardiology
- 2012 IMV ServiceTrak™ All Systems survey: Philips Ultrasound ranked #1 based on customer feedback
- American Association for Respiratory Care Zenith Award, Philips Hospital Respiratory Care
- In China, Consumer Care of Consumer Lifestyle was recognized as the ‘The Best in Consumer Care 2012’ by 51callcenter.com
- UK consumer magazine Which? ranked Philips kettles, irons and Gaggia espresso machines #1 for reliability
- Lumea Precision won the Beauty Astir Award for Best Body Product
- CityTouch online outdoor lighting management system honored as a top sustainable solution at Rio+20 United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development
- US business magazine Forbes named our Philips hue personal wireless lighting system ‘Best Product of 2012’